Disclaimer

All opinions and views stated on this site belong solely to Corina Lynn Becker, and do not represent or reflects the views and opinions of any organizations, unless otherwise specified.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Cure to Autism video

This was originally posted on LiveJournal February 10, 2009 as The Cure to Autism video

A bit morbid, for a little shock value.

Even the best of us has a temper, and this is a part of mine.

This is a response to EVERY and ANY claim to CURING or HEALING autism spectrum disorders EVER MADE.

ASD is neurological and genetic. Meaning, it's the way the brain works, and pretty much the way your family's brains work, with varying differences. It's a difference, not a disease. You don't cure or heal diversity. To try and do so is to commit a murder upon human diversity and innovation.

And sometimes it takes a little shock to prove my point. Human diversity and difference is beautiful. Let's accept, include, accommodate and delight in all people.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFmi1o0JEaM


Later, I had to make another post on Feb 12th

oh joy!! TROLLS!!!!
so yeah, interesting "discussion" about my anti-curebie video on YouTube. one valiant guy from Wrongplanet.net is fighting in my name, with Noyer joining in.

If any of you want to follow or jump in, go for it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFmi1o0JEaM

http://www.youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments&v=JFmi1o0JEaM&fromurl=/watch%3Fv%3DJFmi1o0JEaM


fun fun fun.

The troll, as I've named him, seems to be concerned about autism as a mental impairment that is incurable, that those of us who are "high functioning" are not impaired. Basically, he's belittling "high-functioning" autistics and aspies, saying that those "low functioning" cannot get jobs, go to college/university or be anything other than disabled and have no gifts or strengths, and so must be cured


And then on the 15th:

oh perious me!!
If I were Catholic, my next confession would be something like this:

"Bless me Father for I have sinned, I have committed an original sin. I have poked a troll with a spork."


I also just called him arrogant, since he was setting himself up as being representative of the vast majority of opinion, when a few arguments ago he was accusing my allies and I of maintaining and justifying social stratification.

Let me just say, that I don't really take trolls all that seriously, but I obsess over them, so I had to approve-only comments for this video

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember the Code of Conduct: Be polite, Keep on topic and no spamming please!